Made in China

Apart from pretty much everything tangible in America, there is something really awesome being made in China. As cheesy as this sounds, the friendships that are being made across racial, language, and age barriers has proved to be China’s top export, at least in my mind. I can’t imagine a place filled with more kind, more generous people. I have officially fallen in love.
My first encounter with a Chinese person in China was Leonard. I must make it clear that I know many Chinese people in the States, and, being a Flagship student, I have had the opportunity to make many Chinese friends. But, Leonard embodied the kindred spirit of China. He and I conversed in broken Chinese at about 2 in the morning, when I had first arrived on Chinese soil. After that, we were instantly friends.
I guess that is what most excited me about China, being able to connect with others, no matter what language we were speaking. And he is just the beginning. Hopefully, I will be able to come back from many more trips with many more “made in China” moments!